Why Use a Bank?
How banks can help
Using a bank can help you manage your money.
Banks can help you:
- keep track of what you spend
- save money
- invest money
- build credit (or repair credit)
- get a loan
Most banks offer checking accounts and savings accounts. They also have many other services to choose from.
With a bank account you can:
- keep your money in a safe place until you need it
- cash a check without paying a fee
- pay people with a check or money order
- keep track of what you spend by looking at your check register and bank statements
- wire money more cheaply
- get a loan at lower interest than “payday loan stores”
- pay to get a “safety deposit box” to keep other valuable things safe from fire or theft
Back to Bank Accounts