is just one way that you can work to make the changes you would
like to see in your community. There are many other ways to get
- Follow your concerns in the news to see what you do and dont agree with.
- Talk to other people and look for groups with more information on the topics you care about.
- Contact the people elected to represent you and let them know what you think.
- Send a letter, fax or e-mail. Have a specific suggestion or question and ask for a response.
- Write your local newspaper or call the radio. Let others know your ideas on how to solve a problem.
- Talk to your family, friends and neighbors about the issues that matter most to you. Find out what other people think and what you can do as a team.
- Help out with a group you believe in or start one of your own.
- You can follow the steps in the How to Be Heard and Make a Difference workbook to make the changes you would like to see in your community.